El Gato Painting
• Highest Customer Ratings • Diamond Certified Residential / Commercial Painters
• Painting the Bay Area Since 1977
What makes El Gato different from other painting companies?
To begin with, we understand the value of good painting procedures. We have perfected our 21 Step Preparation Process, over the last 43 years on over 25,000 projects. This is why we give you one of the most extended warranties in the business.
Our Painters Training Program teaches the best application techniques that keep our process consistent.
Painting “The El Gato Way” makes your job last longer, so you do not have to paint as often. This saves you time and money. After all, “there’s no better feeling than a Job well Done.”
- 6-Year Unlimited Warranty
- 21 Step Preparation
- Over 43 years of Great Painting and Satisfied Customers
- Completion of over 25,000 painting projects
- Our own employees, no subs
Contact Us at (408) 446-1171 to learn more about our full range of services.
El Gato Painting has done hundreds of amazing jobs in the Bay Area!
El Gato Painting offers a number of residential and commercial painting and restoration services
in San Jose, Sunnyvale, Mountain View, Los Altos, Cupertino, Saratoga, Los Gatos, Campbell, Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Santa Clara, and the Tri-Valley area.
Our Secret is in the Prep
Our 21-step “prep for painting” (Hover the following number to read the description)
- 1 Powerwash: remove dirt, dust, cobwebs, and debris
- 2 Remove mildew: Check for and remove mildew
- 3 Survey: Walk around the house with the homeowner and crew to determine what has to be done and how it is to be done.
- 4 Remove/cover items: Items against the house will either be moved or covered.
- 5 Minor Pruning: Perform minor pruning of bushes or shrubs if needed
- 6 Verify paint: Verify the paint used previously to determine the best preparation or if priming is needed.
- 7 Scrape gutters: Scrape previously painted gutters and downspouts of loose paint.
- 8 Sand gutters: full sand previously painted gutters or new gutters if they are going to be painted.
- 9 Remove hooks/nails: Remove hooks and nails approved by the homeowner.
- 10 Scrape fascia: Scrape and sand loose paint from fascia and spot prime any bare wood.
- 11 Sand siding: Flaking and chipped siding and eaves will be sanded where needed and spot primed.
- 12 Sand doors: Full sand all previously painted doors.
- 13 Sand garage door: Full sand any garage door that is going to be painted.
- 14 Trench: dig the dirt away from any stucco going below grade and put it back after painting.
- 15 Fill cracks: patch cracks and holes in the stucco larger than hairline cracks.
- 16 Rusty spots: Sand and spot prime any rusty nail heads or spots.
- 17 Water damage: Sand and prime old water stains where the leak has been fixed.
- 18 Caulk: Caulk gaps around window and door casings.
- 19 Mask fixtures: Mask off light fixtures and house numbers as needed
- 20 Mask windows: mask off windows, doors, and concrete prior to painting.
- 21 Cover plants: Cover plants with cloth sheets prior to painting.