Information for New Customers
Information for New Customers
Thank you for selecting El Gato Painting as your painting contractor. We have put together information to help you learn what to expect and things you can do to help get the best possible results.
What You Can Do
- Please have colors picked out 5 days prior to the start of the job.
- It would be helpful if plants were trimmed away from house before the power wash. Please be sure to close all windows and doors tightly the day of your wash.
- Our crew will arrive 7:30-8:00 am on the days we are scheduled to paint. It would be helpful if someone was there on the first day so that we may go over what we will doing and address any questions or concerns you may have.
- When doors/windows are painted, they will need to remain open for 4-6 hours. Our foreman will let you know when that will take place and when we would need to have someone home.
- At the completion of your job and after you have done a walkthrough, please have a check or credit card ready to pay at the end of the job. If you are paying by check, please hand it to the foreman. If you are paying by visa or MasterCard, please contact the office so that we may collect your information.
If you are not able to do one or more of these items, please call and let the office know so we can make arrangements.
10 MOST COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- HOW SOON CAN YOU START PAINTING MY HOME? Once the job is scheduled you will be given a firm starting date. In most cases we can begin within two weeks. Even at peak seasons, lead time is never more than four to six weeks. (Commercial jobs may take longer). If it is necessary to get your home painted immediately, we can probably make special arrangements to paint right away or on the weekend. Otherwise, our workweek runs from Monday through Friday.
- HOW LONG WILL THE PAINTING TAKE? This will depend on the extent of preparation and painting needed for your home and the size of the crew doing the painting. The crew size can be anywhere from 2 to 7 men depending on your particular job. The average crew size is 3 to 4 men, with a job foreman on the job at all times. Most homes should be done within two days. Some homes can be finished in one day. Very few homes will take three days or more. Once we start painting your home, we will stay until we finish. The only exception to this would be if we apply a primer or sealer that requires a longer drying time, or if we are delayed by weather.
- WHAT SHOULD WE DO BEFORE THE PAINTERS ARRIVE? If possible, please walk around your home before the painters arrive. It will be helpful to us if you can remove any items that are against or near the house. This would include wood piles, potted plants, lawn furniture, tools etc. If you have animals and you are going to be home during the painting, no problem. They can be moved as we go along. If you can’t be home during the painting, please make arrangements beforehand to have them looked after. This will help the painting go faster and make them more comfortable.
Most plants, shrubs, trees and flowers will be covered to protect them from paint. Some branches may need to be trimmed to provide access and keep branches off the fresh paint. We prefer that you take this step before painting begins. If you would like us to do the pruning, please make sure this is clear with your estimator before the job starts, and that you point out any especially delicate plants.
- DOES SOMEONE HAVE TO HOME DURING THE PAINTING? Not necessarily, but we do recommend it. We prefer that you watch our progress during the job so that all your questions can be answered. We do require access to water and electricity. Doors will need to be opened during the painting and left open for 3 to 5 hours to dry (depending upon the weather). If you are unable to be home, you will need to make arrangements for water and electricity and to have the doors open when needed.
- HOW THOROUGH IS THE CLEAN-UP? Clean – up is a very important part of our job. All materials used in the painting of your home will be removed and properly disposed of. Paint scrapings and sanding dust will be swept from your walkways, driveways, decks, etc. Any spills are immediately and thoroughly removed. Our goal is to make your house look great, but otherwise not have you notice we were there.
- WHAT KIND OF PAINT DO YOU USE? All of the paints we use are top quality materials. We use many different brands of paint depending on the particular needs of your job. We pride ourselves on keeping up to date on all the latest products and product changes.
- WILL THE WEATHER AFFECT THE PAINTING? No, because we only paint on days that are suitable for painting. Your job is guaranteed, and we will not do any painting in conditions that will adversely affect your job.
- HOW IS THE PAYMENT HANDLED? Payment is due in full upon completion of work unless otherwise specified. We will not bill you. Please make arrangements to pay the job foreman when the job is complete. Larger jobs will be set up on a progressive payment schedule.
- IS THE PAINTING GUARANTEED? HOW LONG WILL THE JOB LAST? After we finish painting your home, please go over the job with the crew foreman. If any touch up is needed, he will take care of it at this time. Your new paint job is fully guaranteed for six years. If you should have any problems at all please call us. The new paint on your home should last an average of eight to ten years. (Although some homes will go longer than ten years without painting, we don’t recommend it.)
- WHAT DO I DO IF I HAVE A COMPLAINT? If you have any problems with your paint job at all, at any time, please give us a call. We will take care of it! Remember, we want your house to look as good as you do, because your completed home is the example to our future customers of our fine work. To make sure you have no complaints, inspect your job with the painters before they leave. We would much rather fix it now than later.
Did you know?
That not only do we paint your home, we offer other related services.
- Deck restaining
- Deck repairs
- Trim replacement
- Dryrot repairs
- Side door replacement
- Fence and gate repairs/replacement
- Stucco repairs
- Epoxy Garage floors
- Interior baseboard and crowns
- Drywall repairs and texturing
- Non asbestos acoustic ceiling removal and texturing