Worrying when to repaint is normal after getting the house painting done.
When will this paint wear down, and how often should you paint your house interior?
Different factors affect the life expectancy of paint. For the exterior, weather conditions play the most significant part in how long it will stay. The interior is determined by which parts of the house are the most used spaces. Wear and tear can be seen on the walls and ceiling of a room.
Having a fresh coat of paint will help lift the mood of your house.
Typically, you can repaint your interior within 6 years, depending on the appearance of your paint. Painting your interiors isn’t only about making your house aesthetically appealing; it also plays an important role in protecting your house’s walls, doors, and ceiling.
Because painting minimizes damage and will hold the surface longer and let it stay intact from the normal wear and tear.
How often should homeowners paint their house interiors?
The question as to when to repaint the house interior must depend on the need to repaint it. Each part of your house needs protection.
Aside from the fact that your interior would look good with new bright paint, it also offers necessary protection to the concrete or woods. So, the decision would actually depend on its condition.
- The walls of the house are part of its foundation. So, it must be treated as one of the essential features of the interior.
- The walls are considered a great witness to the family’s life events. They hold memories with the frames hanging in them. They carry heavy objects to entertain you. So, the protection to its surface, like repainting, is of prime concern.
- The ceiling usually has light colors. When it has new paint, it brightens the room. But the brightness won’t last forever. Repainting must be done to revive its luster. Also, over time there would be yellowish spots due to humidity or exposure to sunlight.
- The wearing out may not be noticeable unless you take a closer look at it. Moisture is one great factor that damages your ceiling. That is why repainting is a crucial aspect of maintenance if you want to keep your home protected.
- Paint on the ceiling tends to last longer than the paints on the other parts of the house. Ceiling paints usually last a maximum of 10 years. This is possible when it is done by professionals, such as painter contractors in El Gato Painting Services. They apply quality paints and they master the required number of coatings to make the painting last.
- The living room is the most overused room in the house. This is where gathering takes place, receiving visitors, and even the common area where you stay for a past time: watch TV or read books. The paints may peel or look unclean. It is thus recommended that your living room be repainted in 5 to 7 years.
- Your bedroom is usually dark or dim. So, it won’t suffer the same fate as the other rooms in the house. However, it still needs a makeover, including a repaint.
- It would be great to repaint it within 6 to 7 years. But it would be a different story if the room belongs to kids.
- Kids love to paste things on the walls, write on them and even peel off the paints. If such is the case, you need to repaint it every 2 to 3 years, depending on the condition of the paints.
- There is a unique way of repainting kids’ rooms. Since kids’ rooms are used for both sleeping and playing, professionals apply specific methods to make sure the paints will last longer. They know the right combination of colors as well to make it look child-friendly.
- Imagine the stains on the walls of your kitchen that you are trying to remove. The area where you cook also seems to have an odd color. You might see a yellowish spot or stain on the ceiling or walls that need to be removed.
- When all these untidy walls and ceilings are taken for granted, your kitchen will look messed up. So, every 3 to 4 years, you have to consider repainting its walls and ceiling, including the cabinets in all corners.
- Your kitchen has to look clean and tidy, and new paints will give it a bright, lively environment.
- The bathroom is where you can have me-time. You can pamper or soothe yourself from stress and fatigue. A hot shower or even a nice warm bath will definitely take the stress away. But do you know that moisture affects the paint on the walls?
- This moisture is the primary cause of damage to the concrete and woods of the bathroom. That is why professional painters recommend repainting your bathroom in 3 or 4 years.
- Hallways are parts of your home that connect one room to another. Hallways serve as the freeway for people. You pass through the hallways of your house more often, but you may not notice dents and other irregularities. But it needs to be examined and repainted within 3 years.
- Frames or any hanging object found on walls add to walls’ wear and tear, adding vulnerability to the wall’s paint. Repainting the wall adds vibrance to your hallway.
Trims and Baseboards
- How often should the interior of a house be painted? When you repaint your house, the part that has less attention are the trims and baseboards. But you must realize that these are the parts of your house that hold too much dirt as small insects harbor on the edges.
- Make sure to repaint trims and baseboards every 2 to 3 years.
When and What Time of the Year to Repaint House Interior
The idea of repainting the interior of your house is an exciting endeavor. Your home will have a nice new look, and the clean, bright colors will definitely change the mood of the place. But you have to consider the weather when you plan to repaint.
Choose the month when the season is dry. This will help the paint to dry faster.
When you do it during the season when humidity is high, your walls may be wet and will affect the paint’s texture. Also, it will take longer for the paint to dry.
It is not advisable to schedule the repainting when you have an incoming bit event. Suppose you are expecting a gathering or a big event. It would be wonderful to have your house repainted for the occasion. However, you have to consider that the paints take time to dry.
You also need to consider the paint fumes that last for days. You may allow 2 to 3 weeks before putting the decorations and furniture back.
Hiring Professional Painters for Interior Painting
Painting your interior may be exciting, but it can be daunting for some. Your DIY home painting ideas may be helpful at this moment, but you should consider that it can be tiring, and if you are not used to it, it may not end up good. Hiring professionals to paint for your interiors can then be a better idea.
Here are a few reasons why you should get professional painters to do the repainting for you:
- Quality of work
- There is no doubt that these painters can provide you with a good output. Professionals apply specific techniques that make the painting smooth and clean. There are just works that a pro can only do.
- You have to admit that providing your house a new look can be very stressful and tiring. But when you get someone to do it for you, all you have to do is present the things you want to do and wait for it to be done. Also, there will be no major clean-up when a pro does the painting. Professional painters will leave your place tidy.
- It saves you time and money
- Professional painters have been doing their jobs over the years. And they know how they’ll do it faster without compromising the quality of the work. You may also realize that you don’t need a high cost to paint a house because the pros will do it once, and their work will last for years. This will help you save money in the long run.
- Professional experience
- Professional painters have done it all the time. They have the expertise in what they do, gained through knowledge and practice. With the hundreds of clients they have served in their career, they can assure you of the best results.
El Gato Painting Services: The Professionals Painters You Need
Getting professionals to paint your interior provides you convenience. You just need to inform them of your requirements, and they’ll do it for you.
El Gato Painting is a painting business in the San Francisco Bay Area that offers you excellent output. For thousands of commercial and residential painting projects they have completed in 43 years in the industry, it is no doubt that they can implement the same to your home.
So, if you want to know how often you should paint your house interior, ask the pros! El Gato Painting will discuss all the details when and why you need repainting. You will understand that painting is more than just giving your interior a makeover but more about protecting your home.
If you are planning to repaint the interior of your house, request an appointment from the pros. Contact El Gato Painting and see that they are the right guys for you.